From the Registrars of Voters and the Town Clerk:
Answers to Darien Voters’ Common Questions regarding the upcoming November 3, 2020 Presidential Election:
- Voters who opt to vote IN PERSON may do so safely through social distancing, PPE for poll workers, and the sanitizing of our poll sites throughout Election Day.
- All 4 poll sites for our 6 voting districts will be open from 6AM to 8PM.
- New or Changed Voter Registrations (18 year olds, new to Town, change of party affiliation) may be accomplished online through the ROV's Town website, by following the prompts. Voters also may obtain a voter registration application at Town Hall, gym entrance (see table with ROV folder for application), and return the completed application in the Darien Town Hall drop off bin, which is emptied throughout the day. Voter registration applications may also be returned by mail. Voter registration confirmation letters will be sent out to voters; only NEW voter registration confirmation letters will include an Absentee Ballot Application.
- In addition, Election Day Registration for New Voters will be available on the second floor of the Mather Senior Center from 6AM to 8PM on Election Day, November 3, 2020. Enter through the Town Hall poll site (gymnasium entrance) and follow signage to Mather Center.
- Absentee Ballot Applications will be mailed to every eligible voter by the CT Secretary of the State’s Office (SOTS), during the second half of September. If you have already filed an Application for an Absentee Ballot with the Town Clerk's office, you do not need to complete the application sent to you by SOTS. To confirm that your application has been received please email the Town Clerk at email@example.com.
- Voters may opt to download the Absentee Ballot application, which is available online, through the Town Clerk’s website. Click HERE to download the application.
- There is a Covid-19 excuse on the Absentee Ballot application.
- Voters may opt to return completed Absentee Ballot applications by mail, or drop them in the State of CT Official Ballot Dropbox, located to the right of the main entrance to Town Hall.
- Upon processing of the Absentee Ballot application by the Darien Town Clerk’s office, an Absentee Ballot will be mailed by that office to the voter, beginning October 2, 2020.
- Completed Absentee Ballots may be returned by mail, or dropped in the the State of CT Official Ballot Dropbox, located to the right of the main entrance to Town Hall.
- Voters who have received an Absentee Ballot from the Town Clerk's office, but have not completed and returned it, may still go to their designated polling location and vote IN PERSON.
- Absentee Ballots must arrive at Town Hall by 8:00 PM on November 3, 2020 to be counted.
- DO NOT bring completed Absentee Ballots to the poll sites.
- Voters who still intend to vote by Absentee Ballot on Election Day should deposit the completed ballot in the the State of CT Official Ballot Dropbox, located to the right of the main entrance to Town Hall.
- By law, voters have until 5:00 PM on Friday, October 30, 2020 to rescind an Absentee Ballot and vote IN PERSON. For more information, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 203-656-7307.