Darien Youth Commission ~ 203-656-7326
M, - Th: 8:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.; TOWN HALL IS CLOSED ON FRIDAY
HAPPY HEARTS FOR SENIORS!
Middle & high school students are invited to shower some love on our friends at the Mather Senior Center this Valentine's Day. Undecorated 9" Styrofoam hearts will be available for pick-up at Town Hall (DYC Office, Room 110) on Monday, 1/31. Students decorate their heart (creativity encouraged!!) and return them by Wednesday, 2/9. Hearts will be distributed to senior luncheon attendees during their drive-through lunch on Thursday, 2/10. ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED AND BEGINS ON 1/25/22 (REGISTRATION LINK FOUND HERE).
It is with a tremendous sense of disappointment that, due to a recent increase in the COVID-19 positivity rate in our school aged children here in Darien, we are canceling our 7th/8th Grade TOPS Bowling event scheduled for Friday, 1/21/22. We are hopeful that all activities planned for the beginning of March (6th Grade Mini-Golf at the Darien Library and 7th/8th Grade Evening at Chelsea Piers -- both scheduled for 3/4/22) will be able to take place as planned. Thank you for your understanding and continued support of the TOPS program.
The Teen Options Program (TOPS) is sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission. It is endorsed by MMS and made possible through the generous involvement of parent volunteers. TOPS is committed to offering affordable, safe, fun, drug and alcohol-free activities for Darien students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades (public, private and home-schooled students).
MEMBERSHIP IN THE TOPS PROGRAM IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND ANY TOPS EVENT!
REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, AUGUST 23, 2021!
The TOPS schedule has been created for our incoming 6th, 7th & 8th graders! We appreciate everyone's flexibility as guidelines surrounding COVID-19 seem to be changing on a weekly basis which may or may not impact our ability to offer all the events we are planning. As a result, we are only offering pay-per-event membership option for all TOPS memberships. There is a cost to attend each TOPS event. Additionally, we will be following the Darien Public Schools' and/or Darien Health Department's guidelines on masking.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS: As a reminder, the TOPS program is 99% reliant on parent involvement and support. We would not be able to provide these fun activities for your children without parent help. Please check-out different volunteer opportunities with our grade-level sign up genius links:
SPECIAL FAMILY, YOUTH & COMMUNITY EVENTS
- TILLEY POND MODEL BOAT REGATTA -- typically first Saturday in May...stay tuned for 2022.
- ANNUAL FAMILY CONCERT SERIES -- Typically every Wednesday in June @ 6:30 p.m. @ Weed Beach, this is a terrific way to enjoy family-friendly entertainment at one of Darien's greatest resources. (There is a per person/vehicle cost per concert , payable at the beach entrance...beach stickers are not required to attend these events.)
- COMMUNITY MOVIE @ WEED BEACH Co-sponsored by the Darien Parks & Recreation and the Darien Youth Commission, movies at the beach take place the last Friday in June and the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Start-time at dusk (varies based on time of year). ALWAYS free admission
- ANNUAL FAMILY DAY DINNER @ THE DARIEN YMCA Annual dinner sponsored by the Darien YMCA, the Thriving Youth Task Force, Darien's prevention council (and a subcommittee of the Community Fund of Darien) & the Darien Youth Commission, this free, fun-filled family event promotes the concept that families who regularly dine together minimize future risk factors. Modeled after CASA's Family Day, this is a great opportunity for families to engage with one another in conversation, fun and relaxation. Typically takes place 3rd or 4th Friday in September.
- COMMUNITY FESTIVAL OF ARTS & SCIENCES -- FESTIVAL OF ARTS & SCIENCES...STAY TUNED FOR 2022
- Darien's Thriving Youth Task Force -- Involving all sectors of the community, Thriving Youth is Darien’s coalition of concerned youth, community and civic organizations, businesses and individuals working together to provide meaningful relationships, experiences, skills and opportunities to benefit all our children. (For additional information on Darien's prevention council, visit the Community Fund of Darien's Thriving Youth Task Force website.)
SUMMER CAMP 2022 REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, 2/14/2
CLICK HERE FOR FAQ ABOUT DYC'S SUMMER CAMP 2022 PROGRAM
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUMMER ACTIVITY PROGRAM 2022 REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, 3/14/22.
SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
(THE DETAILS INCLUDED IN THE FAQ, JOB DESCRIPTION & JOB APPLICATION RELEVANT TO THE 2022 SEASON WILL BE UPDATED IN LATE JANUARY)