Environmental Protection Commission
Sec. 22-22. - Membership. The environmental protection commission shall consist of seven regular members who shall be electors of the town, and of the following nonvoting ex-officio members: the first selectman of the town, the superintendent of public works, and the chairman of the planning and zoning commission. An ex-officio member can be represented by a designee. (Code 1972, § 10-2; Ord. of May 19, 1986).
Materials for pending applications and recent actions can be found at the View Point Cloud website.
- 7:00 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- Town Hall
Channel 79 occasionally records public hearings; view the list of videos online.
Detailed agendas are available the Thursday afternoon before a meeting in the Agenda Center and on the Town Calendar.
- We no longer use printed Application Forms, but rather have applications completed entirely online. Our online permitting system can be found in ViewPoint.
- 2024 Calendar
- Application Fees (in effect as of June 11, 2023).
- 2016 Town Plan of Conservation and Development Adopted by the Commission in June 2016.
- Links to the Darien Zoning Regulations
- Eric Joosten (R), Chairman - Expires June 30, 2024
- James Millard (R), Vice Chair - Expires June 30, 2022
- Michael Ervin (U) - Expires June 30, 2022
- William Wright (R) - Expires June 30, 2024
- Peter McGuinness (U) - Expires June 30, 2023
- Carolyn Bayne (D) - Expires June 30, 2024
- Lauren Rossi (D) - Expires June 30, 2024
- Jon Zagrodzky, First Selectman
- Edward L. Gentile, Jr., P.E., Public Works Director
- Stephen Olvany, Chairman of the Planning and Zoning Commission
Important Invasive Plant Resources
- UCONN Invasive Plant List
- Mobile Apps for Invasive Plant Identification
- Photos of Invasive Plants (PDF)
- CT DEEP Invasive Plant Resource Page
Link to help you prepare a list of neighbors within 100 feet of your property: Abutter's Tool.
You should check this information with the Assessor's Office to ensure that you have the most recent and up-to-date information. The information on the web was last updated January 3, 2023 for both parcel mapping and ownership data.
- Connecticut Invasive Plant List October 2018 (PDF)
- EPC 2023 Calendar with Deadlines (PDF)
- Flaherty Report on Flooding Issues in Darien (PDF)
- Flood and Erosion Regulations (PDF)
- Flood Mitigation Strategy Committee recommendations May 14, 2010 (PDF)
- Land Use Application Fees effective June 11, 2023 (PDF)
- Pamphlet Environmental Protection Commission Brochure (PDF)
- Press Release Leaves in Watercourses and Ponds (PDF)
- Town of Darien Inland Wetlands and Watercources Regulations (PDF)
- Town of Darien Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Map (PDF)