Flood Mitigation / Storm Resources
For emergencies, contact 911.
Storms may affect residents and business owners in a variety of ways. Flooding, downed trees and utility outages may occur. Below are links and documents regarding emergency preparedness and emergency response.
Flood Toolkit Dashboard
Silver Jackets: Many Partners, One Team. Several Government agencies worked together to complete the first version of this very comprehensive resource on flooding. It was released on January 19, 2022 and includes links to guide you through what to do before, during and after a storm. View the Silver Jackets Flood Toolkit Dashboard (PDF).
Town of Darien Emergency Management/Storm Ida
The Town of Darien is the middle point of contact for reporting storm damage. We will, at the request of the Governor, provide damage reports to the State. so the State may build a case for federal assistance programs. Please send your photos of damage and any narrative that you want included to email Darien Emergency Management. We have created a form that captures the data that we are requested to file with the state. The process is long. It may take a month for the President to make a disaster declaration. Considering the severity of Tropical Storm Ida across the tri-state area there is a high likelihood we will receive the disaster declaration. When that occurs, we will make a public announcement as to how residents and business owners can work directly with FEMA and the Small Business Association to receive support.
Downed Trees/Power Outages
For non life-threatening downed trees and power lines, please call the Darien Police non-emergency number 203-662-5300. Removal of fallen trees on private property is the responsibility of the owner. Make a Request for Service to report damage from a tree falling from Town owned property due to storm activity. Public Works will review service alerts in under 72 hours.
- Eversource: Power Outages: 800-286-2000 Eversource: Prepare for Storms and Report Outages
- Altice (Optimum): Residential Customer Service: 203-870-2583 Optimum:Prepare for Severe Weather
To sign up for service alerts via text or voice message go to My Account. Once confirmed, customers will be notified when outages affect their service and will receive timely updates until their service is restored. Customers may also utilize the options below to contact Optimum: Message Optimum at Optimum Contact Us . Send Tweet to @Optimumhelp. Call 866-950-3278.
- Frontier: (Formerly AT&T Uverse): for damaged poles, downed wires/cable: 844-834-4361
- Aquarion: Daytime- 800-732-9678 / Emergency Answering service: 888-234-3128
- Code Red Message August 22, 2021 (PDF)
- Code Red Message September 9, 2021 - Damage Report Request (PDF)
- Special Autumn Bulk Pickup Program 2021 (Storm Ida) (PDF)
- Storm Ida - Darien Damage Report Form (PDF)
Small Business Association
Preparedness Links / Documents
- CT DPH - CT Ready Guide for Personal Preparedness (PDF)
- CT DPH - Sewage Back-Ups Information for Residents (PDF)
- Town of Darien Emergency Preparedness Information Sheet (PDF)
Flooding & Stormwater Management
- CT 17258 Fact Sheet Amendment Number 2 December 15, 2021 (002) (PDF)
- Darien Damage Report form 2021 (PDF)
- Darien Flood Discussion Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Darien Flood Presentation to BOS (PDF)
- Disaster Field Operations Center East (PDF)
- Executive Summary- Watershed Evaluation of Stony Brook (PDF)
- Flaherty Report on Flooding Issues in Darien (PDF)
- Flood and Erosion Regulations (PDF)
- Flood Mitigation Strategy Committee Recommendations (PDF)
- Flood-Toolkit-Dashboard (PDF)
- HMGP program presentation to RTM (PDF)
- MS4 Stormwater Management Plan (PDF)
- Noroton River Draft Drainage Report (PDF)
- Stony Brook Drainage Improvement Project, Results Presentation (PDF)
- Stony Brook Watershed and Flooding (PDF)
- Stormwater Maintenance and Flood Study Updates June 19, 2023 (PDF)