The mission of the Health Department: Prevent disease, by promoting a safe community and healthy environment to all residents and visitors, while upholding public health-based regulations, which protect the quality of life.
- View the Advisory Board of Health
- Quarterly Report to the Board of Selectmen: October 2023 (PDF)
- Mental Health and Crisis Resources
- Search Inspection Reports for Restaurants and Cosmetology Salons
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine can be scheduled at vaccine.gov
Food & Inspections
Connecticut Adopts the 2022 FDA Food Code. Visit the Food Protection Program page for more information.
To schedule a COVID vaccine, search vaccines.gov
As of November 20, 2023, every US household can again place an order to receive more free COVID-19 rapid tests delivered directly to your home.
There are also free COVID test kits available in the Health Department.
Visit the CDC's page of Frequently Asked Questions about COVID Vaccinations.
News & Additional Information
- Aquarion Provides PFAS Test Results for Darien Public Water Supplies
Any Darien residents with questions may contact the Aquarion Water Quality Department at 1-800-832-2373.
- TV79 Interview with David Knauf, Darien Director of Health, discussing Health Department activities - December 5, 2022
- Preparing for Emergencies (PDF)
- Region1 Health Departments YouTube Videos
- Locations Providing Travel Immunizations
- Community Calendar