Substance Use Disorder Resources
- Bi-Yearly Unintentional Drug Overdose Death Report: This report contains death data on unintentional drug overdoses from the Connecticut State Unintentional Drug Overdose Reporting System (CT SUDORS) from January 1st to December 31st, 2020. Here is the data dashboard on drug overdose deaths.
- Change the Script - Resources to prevent drug misuse for families & businesses.
- Connecticut Alliance of Recovery Residences (CTARR): Certified Sober Living Homes Directory
- CT Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services (DMAS): Resources and links that provide information on treatment, community resources, and sober living homes for individuals recovering from a substance use disorder.
- What options are available for getting my child treatment for his/her drug use? - Partnership to End Addiction
- Awareness & Prevention Brochure (PDF)
- Recovery from Alcohol Use Disorder
- Do you or someone you know need help with alcohol misuse? Visit the Alcoholics Anonymous website.
- What About Weed? Video of the discussion on April 24, 2019.
- Become a Recovery Coach & Be Part of the Solution to the Opioid Epidemic! Please view the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR) Training site.
- Are you concerned about the emotional and physical health and wellness of yourself or a loved one? The Healthy Lives Connecticut website provides helpful tools and information for evaluation.
Stigma and Medication-assisted Treatment (MAT): A Data-driven Discussion of Policy and Public Education/Communication Priorities - Webinar & PowerPoint presenting the results of a Response to Intervention (RTI) survey of US adults on their knowledge and opinions about opioid addiction, medication-assisted treatment, and stigma towards people addicted to prescription opioids and the providers who care for them. Watch the Webinar now or view the slides (PDF).
- Shattering Stigmas - a 5-minute video in which Shatterproof founder Gary Mendell discussed his work to change the conversation about addiction.
- Stopping the Cycle of Addiction: The Important Role of Drug Drop-Off Boxes in Prevention (PDF)
Darien, How Healthy Are We
This is a comprehensive three-part video presentation from January 2017 on the health status of the community, featuring experts discussing current trends:
- Opioid Crisis - Keynote: Gary Mendell, the founder of Shatterproof, discusses the stigma associated with addiction, also result of the Thriving Youth Survey
- Substance Abuse in Darien - report by Darien Police Department; Keynote: Malcolm Spears, Stamford native and addiction survivor
- Chronic Disease and Stress - Keynote: John Hamilton discusses how stress can lead to substance abuse