Documents & Applications
The 2023 to 2024 Recycling Center Permits will be available May 1st, 2023. The Residential Recycling Permits are valid beginning July 1st and expire on June 30th of each year. Purchase your residential dump permit online.
See the following for updated residential permit fees.
Darien Recycling and Refuse Center Permit Fee Schedule:
- Residents without garbage collection: permit fee is $150, this entitles the resident to two permits, and a third permit is an additional $50 (permits may be purchased online for existing customers only).
- Residents with garbage collection: permit fee $50, this entitles the resident to two permits, and a third permit is an additional $50 (permits may be purchased online for existing customers only).
- All seniors 65 and over (proof of age along with vehicle registration needed) are entitled to one free permit per household, additional permits are $50 each (online purchase is not available).
- Seniors may receive one free Recycling and Refuse Center Permit by mail, view the Senior Citizen Recycling & Refuse Center Permit Form (PDF) for details to apply.
- There is a maximum of three permits allowed per household. Any lost replacement permits are $50 each. Permits are not pro-rated.
- Note: Recycling Center Permits must be affixed to the driver's side windshield to gain access to the Darien Recycling and Refuse Center or the Darien Swap Shop.
To receive a permit by mail please have the following documentation available:
- First-time permit purchasers must provide registration for each vehicle, proof of residency, and proof of garbage hauler if applicable. Registration is required for newly purchased vehicles as well.
- If you own property in Darien but do not reside here, you must prove ownership (a copy of your Darien Property Tax, Mortgage, or utility bill) to obtain a permit.
If you have any questions or need assistance with your purchase, call 203-656-7346 Monday through Thursday 8 am to 5:15 pm
- Residential online purchases are for existing customers only, who have purchased a Residential Recycling Permit in the past and whose vehicle(s) is already on file with the Department of Public Works. The Residential Recycling Permits are valid beginning July 1st and expire on June 30th of each year, permits are not pro-rated. The 2023 to 2024 Recycling Center Permits are now available. Purchase your residential dump stickers online.
- Commercial Refuse Dump Permits are valid from January 1st to December 31st of each year, the cost is $150 per year, per vehicle, permits are not pro-rated. View the Commercial Refuse Renewal Application (PDF).
For information on disposing of hazardous waste, please call the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection at 860-566-8843.