Sanitary Sewer Permits & Billing
Sanitary Sewer Permit Applications and related documents, should be emailed to Anthony Taccone.
Any resident or plumbing contractor who has questions about the Town's Sanitary Sewer System or permitting requirements may call 203-656-7396 or refer to the Sanitary Sewer Permit Requirements online. A valid Sanitary Sewer Permit from the DPW and 24 hours advance notice are required to schedule a sewer inspection, contractors may call 203-656-7396. Sanitary Sewer Permit Applications and related documents, should be emailed to Anthony Taccone.
Anyone who has questions about their sewer billing may email Penny Apazidis or call 203-656-7382.
Darien Fats, Oils, & Grease (FOG) Compliance
The State of Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) has ordered all municipalities in the state to enforce the Fats, Oils, and Grease (F.O.G.) abatement program. All Class III and IV Food Preparation Establishments (FPEs) also known as facilities are responsible for the inspecting, cleaning, and record-keeping of their grease interceptor equipment as described in the General State Permit. The mission of the F.O.G. Program is to prevent grease from getting into and clogging the sanitary sewer system lines and pump stations. Sewer backups can cause damage to private property and failure of the Town's sewage treatment equipment. View a printable copy of the 2023 Fats, Oils, and Grease Permit Form (PDF), and of the Cleaning and Maintenance Logs (PDF).
Anyone who has questions regarding F.O.G. may call Anthony Taccone at 203-656-7396 or email FOG compliance.
- Backwater Valve Illegal Storm Connections (PDF)
- CMOM Program Document Draft December 28, 2022 (PDF)
- Connection Fee Code of Ordinance
- Darien Flow Monitoring Report (PDF)
- Darien Flow Monitoring Report Addendum Number 1 (PDF)
- I&I Analysis - Study Approval (PDF)
- Illicit Sanitary Sewer Connection Information and Reporting (PDF)
- Sewer and Lateral Maintenance Information (PDF)
- SSES Report Addendum Number 1 September 2022 (Final February 23, 2023) (PDF)
- SSES Report March 2022 (Final 2-23-23) (PDF)