The Town of Darien has been incorporated in May 1820. Originally part of Stamford, the area was known as Middlesex Parish since 1737, which is reflected on the Town Seal. Today, Darien is mostly a suburban residential community with no industrial enterprises.
Quick Facts about the Town of Darien
- Total Area: 23.4 square miles (where Land Area constitutes approximately 12.9 square miles, and Water Area, mainly the Long Island Sound, constitutes approximately 10.5 square miles)
- Population: 21,485 (2020 census)
- Voting Districts: 6
Please refer to the Voting in Darien page for more information.
- Passenger Train Service:
- Passenger Bus Service:
- Connecticut Transit from Stamford and Norwalk
- Darien Post Office: 25 Old Kings Highway North, Suite 18
- Noroton Heights Post Office: 264 Heights Road
- Hours of Operation
- Darien Times (weekly)
Town Recreational Facilities
View the Beaches and Parks Facilities.
For further information on recreational opportunities in the Town of Darien, please visit Darien Parks and Recreation page. It has the most up-to-date schedules of activities and features an online registration system.
Please find the list of Darien Community Organizations online.
Please note that the list of Darien Community Organizations is posted on Darien Local Wiki, which is a website anyone can freely contribute to. Hence, there is a possibility some of the information might be inaccurate or outdated.